Saturday, May 1, 2010

A Suit You Shouldn't Wear To Work!

There's a professional looking trend popping out on the Red Carpet recently and its called "The Shorts Suit."  A few stars have been seen wearing this sexy version of the typical business suit.  Stars like Gwyneth Paltrow and Amanda Seyfried were both seen wearing wearing the shorts suit, in two very different styles.  The great thing about a very basic trend like this one is the fact that you can add your own personality to it!




Amanda Seyfried
WHAT SHE WORE

Seyfried paired a Viktor & Rolf shorts suit with Roger Vivier peep-toes for the Tribeca Film Festival premiere of Letters to Juliet.
 




Gwyneth Paltrow
WHAT SHE WORE

For the L.A. premiere of Iron Man 2, Paltrow accented a gleaming Giorgio Armani shorts suit with a satin Christian Louboutin clutch, sheer Gianvito Rossi booties and Chopard diamonds
 


If you like this look, the possibilities are endless!  But here's a few ideas:


GUESS Matty Boyfriend Blazer

GUESS Matty Boyfriend Blazer


 GUESS Harmony Shorts

GUESS Harmony Shorts


Jessica Simpson Women's Romper with Boyfriend Blazer

Jessica Simpson Women's Romper with Boyfriend Blazer


 I LOVE this "Romper" (one-piece tank and shorts) with the blazer from Jessica Simpson! So CUTE!

I can definitely see someone wearing it for a night for dinner with friends or your significant other. Its sophisticated but probably a little too sexy for work!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

5 comments:

  1. Cute outfit! I definitely think it's probably not best for the workplace though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see it on celebs but I don't think it's a look I can pull off anytime soon.

    Over from Meetup Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially like the details on Amanda Seyfried's blazer to make it more 'dressy' looking, but the white blazer and romper are so pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I am hesitant about wearing shorts because I feel like my legs are huge (what girl doesn't I guess) but I find that buying a size or 2 bigger in shorts makes them look a lot better on!

    ReplyDelete